The DS1206N is a BASIC-programmable board designed primarily for serial-over-IP and serial control applications. Being small enough to fit inside your product, the board offers a rapid development alternative to using modules, which require designing a new host PCB.
Like the DS1206 controller, the DS1206N features a multi-channel serial port. The device has a single serial port connector and is priced as a single-port device, yet packs four independent serial channels. Have no use for those DSR and DTR lines? Turn them into RX and TX of an additional serial channel. Don't want CTS and RTS either? That's one more channel! In total, there are 15 different configurations to choose from.
The board is supplied in three versions offering various serial port and power options. It comes preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application.
Up to 1024KB flash memory for firmware, application, and data.
2KB EEPROM for data storage.
- Three options: DS1206N-RS, DS1206N-TM, and DS1206N-TS.
- Superior upgrade to the EM1202EV board.
- Based on high-performance purpose-built 88MHz T1000 IC.
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port.
- Up to 3.5 serial channels:
- DS1206N-RS: RS232 port (DB9M connector);
- DS1206N-TM, "-TS": TTL serial port ("pin header" connector);
- Baudrates of up to 921,600bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
- DS1206N-TM and "-TS": half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Flexible mapping with 15 different options, such as:
- A single channel: RX, TX, CTS, RTS, DSR, and DTR lines;
- 3.5 channels: RX, TX, RX2, TX2, RX3, TX3, and RX4 lines.
- DS1206N-RS: optional "12V" power output on DB9M connector;
- DS1206N-TM: optional "12V" power input from the serial port.
Software-controlled onboard PLL.
- Green and red status LEDs on top of the device;
- Link and speed Ethernet status LEDs on the RJ45 jack.
Board dimensions: 52.6x38.0mm.
Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network.
- DS1206N-RS, "-TM": onboard regulator, 10-24V (12V nominal);
- DS1206N-TS: direct 3.3V input (must be regulated to +/- 5%).
|Available models and their features
|RS232 Transceiver and DB9M connector
|TTL interface connector
|Power Jack and 12V-to-3.3V regulator
DS1206 BASIC-programmable controller
- Sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions).
- Net — controls Ethernet port.
- Ser — in charge of serial channels.
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts.
- Fd — manages flash memory file system and direct sector access.
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM.
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data).
- Pppoe — accesses the Internet over an ADSL modem.
- Ppp — accesses the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, etc.).
- Pat — "plays" patterns on green and red status LEDs.
- Button — monitors the setup button.
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality.
Function Groups: String functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions (8), encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
Variable Types: Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.