Tibbo Technology ("TIBBO") is a Taiwan corporation that designs and/or manufactures a number of hardware products, software products, and applications ("PRODUCTS"). In many cases, Tibbo PRODUCTS are combined with each other and/or third-party products thus creating a PRODUCT COMBINATION.
Whereas you (or your Company) wish(es) to purchase any PRODUCT from TIBBO, and/or whereas you (or your Company) wish(es) to make use of any documentation or technical information published by TIBBO, and/or make use of any source code published by TIBBO, and/or consult TIBBO and receive technical support from TIBBO or any of its employees acting in an official or unofficial capacity,
You must acknowledge and accept the following disclaimers:
- Tibbo does not have any branch office, affiliated company, or any other form of presence in any jurisdiction other than Taiwan (R.O.C). TIBBO customers, partners and distributors in Taiwan and other countries (territories) are independent commercial entities and TIBBO does not indemnify such customers, partners or distributors in any legal proceedings related to, nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the creation, manufacture, importation, advertisement, resale, or use of any of its PRODUCT or PRODUCT COMBINATION.
- Tibbo BASIC- and Tibbo C-programmable devices ("PROGRAMMABLE DEVICES") manufactured by TIBBO can run a variety of applications written in Tibbo BASIC, Tibbo C, or a mix of two languages ("BASIC/C APPLICATIONS"). Combining a particular PROGRAMMABLE DEVICE with a specific BASIC/C APPLICATION, either written by TIBBO or any third party, may potentially create a combinatorial end product ("END PRODUCT") that violates local rules, regulations, and/or infringes on existing patent(s) granted in a country where such combination has occurred or where the resulting END PRODUCT is manufactured, exported to, advertised, or sold. TIBBO is not capable of monitoring any activities by its customers, partners or distributors aimed at creating any END PRODUCT, does not provide advice on potential legal issues arising from the creation of such END PRODUCT, nor explicitly recommends the use of any of its PROGRAMMABLE DEVICES in combination with any BASIC/C APPLICATION, either written by TIBBO or any third party.
- TIBBO publishes a number of BASIC/C APPLICATIONS and portions thereof ("CODE SNIPPETS"). BASIC/C APPLICATIONS and CODE SNIPPETS are provided "as is" and without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of BASIC/C APPLICATIONS and CODE SNIPPETS resides with you. BASIC/C APPLICATIONS and CODE SNIPPETS may be used only as a part of a device or product based on TIBBO hardware. Modified code does not have to be released into the public domain, and does not have to carry a credit for TIBBO. BASIC/C APPLICATIONS and CODE SNIPPETS are provided solely as coding aids and should not be construed as any indication of the predominant, representative, legal, or best mode of use for any PROGRAMMABLE DEVICE.
- BASIC/C-programmable modules ("PROGRAMMABLE MODULES"), such as the EM1000 device, are shipped from TIBBO in either a blank state (without any BASIC/C APPLICATION loaded), or with a simple test BASIC/C APPLICATION aimed at verifying the correct operation of the PROGRAMMABLE MODULE's hardware. All other BASIC/C-programmable products including boards, external controllers, and development systems ("NON-MODULE PRODUCTS"), such as the DS1101, are normally shipped with a BASIC/C APPLICATION pre-loaded. This is done solely for the convenience of testing by the customer and the nature and function of pre-loaded BASIC/C APPLICATIONS shall not be construed as any indication of the predominant, representative, or best mode of use for any such NON-MODULE PRODUCT.
- All specifications, technical information, and any other data published by TIBBO are subject to change without prior notice. TIBBO assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information TIBBO publishes, and does not make any commitment to update any published information. TIBBO further assumes no responsibility for any failures to inform its customers about potential limitations or pitfalls of using TIBBO PRODUCTS. As a condition of using TIBBO PRODUCTS you agree to accept full responsibility for the decisions you make regarding the use and the mode of use of TIBBO PRODUCTS. You further agree that it is not the responsibility of TIBBO to relate to you or teach you the knowledge that is considered to belong to the accepted body of knowledge for the electronic engineering and information technology professions.
- Any technical advice provided by TIBBO or its personnel is offered on a purely technical basis, does not take into account any potential legal issues arising from the use of such advice, and should not be construed as a suggestion or indication of the possible, predominant, representative, or best mode of use for any Tibbo PRODUCT.
- Any advance product or business information posted as news or updates of any kind (including blog posts, newsletters, website news, forum posts and any other timely information posted by Tibbo or its personnel) shall not be construed as obligatory to TIBBO in any way, shape or form. TIBBO may change or delay any of its plans and product roadmaps without prior notice, and shall not be held liable for such changes.
- Neither TIBBO nor its employees shall be held responsible for any damages resulting from the creation, manufacture, or use of any third-party product or system, even if this product or system was inspired, fully or in part, by the advice provided by Tibbo staff (in an official capacity or otherwise) or content published by TIBBO or any other third party.
- At its discretion, TIBBO may publish its documentation and technical information in languages other than English. Such texts may be the result of work done by third parties, and may not always be reviewed by TIBBO personnel. Any apparent inaccuracies, conflicts or differences in meaning between English and non-English texts shall always be resolved in favor of the English-language version.
- TIBBO reserves the right to halt the production or availability of any of its PRODUCTS at any time and without prior notice. The availability of a particular PRODUCT in the past is not an indication of the future availability of this PRODUCT. The sale of any PRODUCT to you is solely at TIBBO's discretion and any such sale can be declined without explanation.
- TIBBO makes no warranty for the use of its PRODUCTS, other than that expressly contained in the Warranty Policy published on the Company's website at tibbo.com. Your use of TIBBO PRODUCTS is at your sole risk. TIBBO PRODUCTS are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. TIBBO expressly disclaims the warranties of merchantability, future availability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from TIBBO shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Warranty Policy.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY USING TIBBO PRODUCTS YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT TIBBO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF TIBBO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE OF TIBBO PRODUCTS.
- "Tibbo" is a registered trademark of Tibbo Technology, Inc., a Taiwan (R.O.C.) corporation.
- Terms and product names mentioned on TIBBO website or in TIBBO documentation may be the trademarks of others.