Size 2 Tibbo Project PCB (TPP2), Gen 2
Size 2 Tibbo Project PCB, Gen 2 is a Tibbo BASIC/C-programmable board with Ethernet, as well as optional Wi-Fi* and GPRS** connectivity. The board has four UARTs.
Offering 3 tiles for a total of 6 Tibbit module and 6 Tibbit connector sockets, the TPP2(G2) can implement configurations with up to four simple serial ports, up to 12 relays, or up to 24 opto-inputs, PWM outputs, open-collector outputs, or other I/O.
This product can be used as a bare board or assembled into a size 2 Tibbo Project Box (TPB2). The board is also compatible with and can be assembled into the TPB2L, which features a 320x240 TFT LCD and a 4-button sensor keypad.
The TPP2(G2) is perfect for systems with a medium number of I/O lines. Since the board can control a TFT display and a keypad, it is suitable for applications requiring a human-machine interface (HMI).
The board is an ideal choice for data collection and autoID projects, as well as factory, shop, data center, hotel, and home safety, security, and automation applications.
The TPP2(G2) is supported by our Online Configurator allowing you to define and order a custom TPS device with Tibbits and options of your choice.
* Requires the GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on (TPP2 provides a dedicated GA1000 socket).
** Requires Tibbit #47 (GPRS) in tile 1 or 2.
(with the GA1000 add-on)
(requires Tibbit #47)
- 5-80 times better performance compared to the original TPP2.
- 10/100Base-T auto-MDIX Ethernet port with RJ45/magnetics.
- 24 general-purpose I/O lines:
- 3 tiles;
- 6 sockets for Tibbit modules;
- 6 sockets for Tibbit connectors;
- 1 extra socket for Tibbit #37 (RF connector);
- 4 Tibbit module sockets have UART capability:
- Baudrates of up to 460,800bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7 or 8 bits/character (limitations apply);
- Full-duplex mode w. RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding/decoding of Wiegand, clock/data streams.
- Each module socket has an interrupt capability;
- 1 module socket has PoE capability.
- Optional Wi-Fi interface (requires the GA1000 add-on module).
- Optional GPRS interface (requires Tibbit #47).
- Connectors for the TFT LCD and sensor keypad of the TPB2L.
- Onboard buzzer.
- RTC with backup supercapacitor.
- 2MB of flash memory:
- 1MB secure flash for TiOS and application code.
- 1MB flash disk with fault-tolerant file system.
- 2048-byte EEPROM for data storage.
- Eight onboard LEDs:
- Green and red main status LEDs;
- Yellow Ethernet link LED;
- Five blue LEDs (for Wi-Fi signal strength indication, etc.).
- Reliable power-on/brown-out reset circuit.
- Power: 100mA @ 5V (100Base-T mode, PLL on).
- Dimensions (LxW): 94x94mm.
- Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +70C.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network.
Create powerful, network-enabled applications in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C.
- beep — generates buzzer patterns.
- button — monitors the MD (setup) line.
- fd — manages flash memory file system and direct sector access.
- io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts.
- kp — works with matrix and "binary" keypads.
- lcd — controls graphical display panels.
- net — controls the Ethernet port.
- pat — "plays" patterns on up to five LED pairs.
- ppp — accesses the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, etc.).
- pppoe — accesses the Internet over an ADSL modem.
- romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data).
- rtc — keeps track of date and time.
- ser — controls serial ports (UART, Wiegand, clock/data modes).
- sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions).
- ssi — controls serial synchronous interface channels (SPI, I2C...).
- stor — provides access to the EEPROM.
- sys — in charge of general device functionality.
- wln — handles the Wi-Fi interface.
Function Groups: String functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions (8), encryption/hash calculation functions (RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
Variable Types: Signed and unsigned 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit types; floating point and string types; user-defined arrays and structures.
Files and Documentation
|TiOS Firmware||Email us to obtain|
TPP2(G2) Hardware Manual
TPP2(G2) Programming Platform